Monday 15 June 2015

Mothers Day

This challenge is a running challenge.  I have done a couple of runs over the last couple of years but my sister Jacqui had just started running.  So we thought we could do the Mothers Day Classic together (originally Mum was going to walk it but she decided to go to Mexico instead!!).  I don't think I have run in a race with my sister before so I was quite excited.  And she had been training well and getting her speed and distance up.

So I attended my friend Steve & Jenny's wedding on a Saturday in Sydney, took the last flight out of town and landed in Melbourne with a ride to Mum's and a quick sleep to wake up in rainy Melbourne on Mothers Day!  It was cold!!  But we did a good warm up walk to the start line, did some stretching and hydrating and then before we knew it we were off!  The race was 8kms and we had set a goal of 55 mins to do it in (with me fairly confident we would do it quicker) and we smashed it!  Woohoo - go us :) 

It was great racing with you Jacqui - hopefully one day we can do it again - we should make this an annual race and it is for a good cause.


1 comment:

  1. YEAH US!!! It was so much fun - thanks so much for coming down. I agree; let's make it an annual thing. xxx

    ReplyDelete