Tuesday 16 June 2015

10 Chin Ups??

Chin ups are quite hard for girls, especially taller and bigger girls - there is a lot of weight to lift up! 

2 years ago I did my first unassisted chin up but never really got very far with the development of them. Even though I loved being able to say I can do chin ups, the most I could ever do was 2 or 3 in a row, then I would have to stop and regroup and then do 1 or 2 more, and never really more than around 5.  So I set this challenge to do 10 unassisted chin ups.  

I actually didn't start training for this properly until mid-April when most of our racing season was out of the way and I was able to fit a 2nd and 3rd gym session in (before then I had been running as well as doing both DB and OC and I was finding it hard to do more than 1 gym session a week).  So with the additional sessions under my belt, my improvement curve went up fairly quickly. 

With adjudication of my awesome PT Alani, who helped me get there, I have successfully completed this task!






No comments:

Post a Comment